3227 W Century Blvd, Inglewood , Ca 90303      For more info » Please Call: (310) 677- 5000  
U.S. Passport Application for Children | DS 3053 | Notary Public

Get your Child a Passport even if you are a Single Parent 

Call Now:
(310) 677-5000
Visit our Office: 3227 W Century Blvd , Inglewood , Ca 90303

Is it time to get your child a new passport or to renew your child's Passport, but you are unable to complete the process because the child's other parent is unavailable or missing?

This may serve as a problem when trying to get your child's passport because the United States Government want both parents to complete and sign the passport application to permit your child to get a passport. Without both parents signing the application, then your child will not be issued a passport to travel the world, visit distant family like their grandparents , or go to school abroad hosted in other countries.

Once you obtain the proper forms such as the DS-3053 or instructions from the U.S. Post Office then you will be able to obtain a passport for your child, even if you are a single parent. However, the DS-3053 must be notarized for the US Government/Post Office to accept the application if you are a single parent and the second parent is unavailable.

Simply, view/print the DS-3053 here, take it to a notary , then present it to the proper agency that is processing your child's passport application and you are well on your way to getting your child's passport that gives them the freedom to travel the world.

If only One Parent is Available (Any one of the following is acceptable) :
1.    A written statement or DS-3053 (made under penalty of perjury) explaining in detail the
       second's unavailability. You can view/print a DS-3053 here. (remember it must be notarized) OR
2.    The second parent's notarized written statement or form DS-3053 (including the child's full name
       and date of birth) consenting to the passport issuance for the child. Understand , the statement
       can not be more than 3 months old and must come with a photocopy of the front and back side
       of the second parent's identification OR
3.    Second Parent's death certificate if second parent is deceased OR
4.    Primary evidence of sole authority to apply

Application for a Child Under 16 Requirements (According to the Application for a U.S. Passport Form) :
1.    Evidence of the child's U.S. citizenship
2.    Evidence of the child's relationship to parents/guardian(s), i.e. birth certificate
3.    Parental/Guardian Identification
4.    Child's recent color photograph taken within the last 6 months, 2x2inches in size

Any further information or details about this process must be directed to the agency that is processing your child's passport application or the National Passport Info Center at 87-487-2778.


        * Source: Travel.State.Gov or call the National Passport Info Center at 877-487-2778 (Mon - Fri: 8am - 10pm Eastern)
If this Article was helpful please , Leave a Comment below or "Like us"  on Facebook Like Us on Facebook ! 
Print Friendly and PDF

 We've saved the best news for last...

        Approve your agreement document by getting it notarized today. Our certified notaries can provide you a
        guaranteed fast and reliable notary services. Call or Visit us today, a Notary Public is always available! 
        By the end of your visit, you will have proof of notarization on your important documents.

        Call now: (310) 677-5000
        Visit our Office: 3227 W. Century Blvd , Inglewood , CA 90303
for map and directions, click here »

You May Also Like:
How to Notarize a document »                             

Hours of Operation »

Start your Career by Notarizing Your I-9 Employment Verification Form »

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...

                                      Blog | Application for a U.S. Passport Form | Passport for Children | Passport| Notary Public